1. Do you think the world became a more dangerous place on September 11, 2001 or did we just become more aware of the danger? How has your own life changed as a result of that day?
I feel more aware of the danger since that day and think it has always existed. My life has changed since that day...more patriotic and proud to be an American.
2. Did you think your parents were too strict when you were growing up? How about in hindsight?
My parents had rules and expectations but not overly strict, you knew the consequences to your actions and weighed if it was worth breaking them. First time I was grounded was while visiting my friend in Dallas, we broke curfew and her Dad grounded us.....still laugh about it.
3. Share one random but candid fact about yourself.
I'm a lefty.
4. Would your nearest and dearest describe you as simple or far too complicated?
Simple with a bit of complication at times!
5. What is your favorite stadium or carnival food?
Hands down Cotton Candy....I know gross but I love it!
6. Tornado, hurricane, earthquake...how many of these natural disasters have you experienced? Which event do you think would be the scariest?
A week ago I didn't' feel the earthquake though my daughter did. I was in California about 19 years ago and experienced one it was minor but still scared me. Sunday Irene did a number on Northern NJ where I was visiting. Still shocking to see the devastation on the news. I think they are all scary, you don't mess with Mother Nature. I would much rather experience none of the above again.
7. Labor Day weekend is approaching so a work related question seems appropriate. Growing up, did your parents assign you regular chores? Were you paid for doing those chores? If you're a parent do you assign chores to your own children? Why or why not?
I come from a family of 5 girls, we did our chores every Saturday the house and yard divided by 5! You woke at the crack of dawn to get first debs on the vacuum. No playing with friends until it's done, we received an allowance can't remember how much! My daughter has chores and receives an allowance. I remember once when I was in HS and wanted to go to the movies with my friends and had zero money. I asked my Mom for movie money she said sure after you vacuum my car....but my friends are here in the driveway.....they watched and waited why I earned my 5 bucks! Won't want it any other way.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I had a wonderful with my sisters and their families.....the hurricane was an interesting twist in it all but luckily other than loss of power, no flooding in any of their homes and that is a blessing. My heart goes out to all those effected by Irene's wrath....my thoughts and prayers are with all those touched by this storm.
Can't believe tomorrow is the first of SEPTEMBER !! Enjoy the last of August all!
Stop by Joyce at From This Side of the Pond for more Wednesday Hodgepodge.