Tuesday, October 13, 2009


This is my hubby! He loves his job, he is the happiest I have ever seen him. But we never see him, well we see him but there is a phone hooked to his ear and he is engrossed in a conference call. My husband works German hours then rides his bike home, showers, eats dinner, and into our home office, for meetings and updates in California timezone. He works most weekends and in the last eight months has taken a couple Fridays off. He is tired and  spent and really gray now! But it totally works for him in a good way. REALLY!

He was unable to join us on our summer holiday to the States. It was really hard to be on vacation without the person that needs one the most. Luckily our part of Germany is on holiday, school is out for 10 days!

So we leave Thursday for six days in Rome, five days in Florence, Italy. He is leaving his computer and blackberry at home, a true vacation and well needed break. We can't wait to see him and not be shhh! or waved away. Real conversations, meals without a time limit, his undivided attention.

CIAO!

19 comments:

Kwana said...

Wow! Have a wonderful vacation. Enjoy that hubby of yours.

Ann said...

Really impressed that he is leaving the computer and blackberry behind! I know that is hard to do! Hope y'all have a great time and enjoy lots of gelati!!

honeypiehorse said...

We work in the CA time zone as well and it's rough.

Debra said...

Ohhhh geez...Florence!!! IF you have any spare time {yeah right}-please visit Lucca...it's so worth it! Can't wait to hear all about your amazing vacation. That crackberry... my husband has it in his hand most of the time...Oh, I do wish I were packed in your suitcase. Have FUN!

Deidra said...

Oh that sounds perfectly wonderful! I wonder if he will have to "detox" for a few days before he can really unwind? Work surely can consume a person, can't it? Have fun! Completely uninterrupted fun!

Unknown said...

HI! That is great! I can't wait for you guys to have that time together! Have so much fun there! Can't wait to see all the pics!! Love and miss ya! Mary

Ina in Alaska said...

Ciao Bella! Looking forward to the reports and pictures of your La Dolce Vita!! xoxo

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Sounds like a well needed vacay...Italiano style!
xo*

Savvy-Motherhood said...

wow have some fun for me!! I live in Florida and I haven't left in 20 years! We mostly vacation to Disney. I can say we been to other Countries if you want to include Epcot.

:)

Expats Again said...

How wonderful for all of you. I congratulate your hubby for leaving the blackberry & computer behind. Safe journey and enjoy!

ck said...

That sounds so wonderful. And to get to spend those days in Rome? WAY better than a vacation to the states (says a girl who has yet to officially leave them, but would love to). Please post photos!

Caffeine Court said...

You're husband is cute!!!

I love your life. Maybe I'll come visit you. I'm invited, right?? ;)

Claudya Martinez said...

Enjoy him and his company!

preppyplayer said...

He always looks handsome, more so with a touch of grey. Of course that is what I am used to seeing around here!

I am jealous. I don't think we have ever taken a vacation or a trip to the grocery store without my husband's mistress, Ms. Black Berry.

Unknown said...

This is great to hear! I am so happy you get together to travel. Italy is wonderful, enjoy it!

Our man have to work so hard and I often feel the imbalance of work and rest. At least they love what they are doing.

Joanna Jenkins said...

A vacation with NO computer or Blackberry?!?!?! That's paradise. Have a WONDERFUL time. Safe travels.
xo

Slices of Beauty... said...

Now that's a real vac for your hubby especially!
Enjoy.

Joyce said...

Have a wonderful time just being alone and having fun. Oh no does this mean Sophie will be home alone. LOL... Maybe she needs a boyfriend. xoxo

heidi said...

Have a Vunderful time!!!!!!! xoh. P.S....will he be ok without the berry? P.S.S... I found my F!!!!!