Monday, November 15, 2010

Overnight.....

My neighbors know something and they are not telling us......! Overnight stakes showed up throughout our neighbor hood!

NOT THESE...



Driveways are lined with stakes marking the way.....why? Maybe Thanksgiving decorations? Not because it snows so much they can't find there driveway? 



Okay it's official I'm freaking out...should we be buying a generator, food storage.. what else to survive the Buffalo winter of 2010?? I feel like I need to ring a few doors and inquire about the readiness of the neighbors! At least I will know who's house is well stocked and I'll go there first storm for provisions!

9 comments:

Andrea said...

Blessings,
andrea

CM said...

Hahaha! Oh dear, didn't anyone tell you? Those stakes are so when it snows, the snow plows don't take out the grass! :-)

ellieshine said...

I would not have known either - and I'm from Wisconsin :)

Joanna Jenkins said...

I BFF lives in Lake View, NY near Buffalo-- She says all you need is a great big 4-wheel drive SUV and you'll be fine. Oh, and a reallllly good snow plow company :-)
Hang in there, xo jj

Sonya said...

I cant wait to see all of your Im snowed in please help me pics..LOL

kks said...

if i recall, Buffalo gets a lot of snow!!!
how's bootcamp!?
xoxo

Joyce said...

We're putting our stakes out this weekend-not the good kind here either : ) Ours is really for the plow...we don't want him taking out our fence or hitting the rocks that run alongside the driveway. Ugh.

Joyce said...

I am glad you are keeping your eyes open and watching your neighbors. I would be some 6 foot stakes!! xo

TBM said...

Oh dear... I am not sure that kind of weather is for me! Once a Texan...