Wednesday, February 5, 2014

From Russia with Love ♥

I'm so excited for the Olympics to start this week
I wish I knew someone going to the Olympics
I absolutely love Russian Nesting Dolls
Look at the one for the Sochi 2014 Games
She is so pretty!


 This collector pin is already sold out
Sure to be a hot trade it that's what your in to!


I started collecting Nesting Dolls when we lived in Germany
Now I find them at Antique Stores or Ebay

This one is from TJMaxx not exactly Russia but I love the colors!

This one I got in a flea market in Germany
Kinda sad drab faces but authentic made in USSR on bottom.



This one I bought when we were in Holland at Keukenhof Gardens
They had a huge exhibit of From Russia with Love
Large Nesting Dolls placed in gardens throughout



Katelyn my doll!



This by far is my favorite of my collection.
Craig gave this to me before moving back to the States.
It's the story of The Bremen Town Musicians
They are gorgeous and the details are amazing


She is not really a Nesting Doll
But reminded me of one
I was told by Antique salesman
She is a Polish Egg
But she looks Russian to me....
Love her just the same!


These next three I love because I'm nuts for Blue and White things
They are so pretty
All stamped made in Russia
Bought in Antique Stores and Ebay



I think I have enough
But do I really
I'm always on the hunt for more
If they are pretty and the right color
They are mine!

This is the closest I will get to Russia
For now!
Maybe some day!


GO TEAM USA!!

9 comments:

lisaroy said...

I love nesting dolls too! Your collection is really great - i love the blue ones too. Though not Russian, i came across some Arabic ones here and I may just have to add them to my collection.

AiringMyLaundry said...

We have the nesting dolls that you got in Germany! Only my daughter took them apart and we can't find all the pieces now. Boo.

Go Team USA!

Liz Mays said...

I can't wait for the Olympics to start either. I am just so, so excited for them. Also, nesting dolls are awesome. I remember my parents brought me a set from a vacation once and I've loved them ever since!

Purple Flowers said...

Nesting dolls are wonderful collection pieces. Yours are beautiful.

Bill Lisleman said...

that's a large collection. I've been heard a few bad reports on Sochi.
Bad water, incomplete hotels, and immediate hacking of your computer.
I seems to be better just watching on TV.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Your collection is lovely. My daughter collects them too. I am looking forward to watching the Olympics.

likeschocolate said...

Great collection! Enjoy this week!

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE your nesting dolls. I have two sets myself. Yours are lovely.

kks said...

wow, you have a beautiful collection! i'm excited for the games to begin too! enjoy!
xoxo