Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday in My City

Today Sophie is going to Miss Jill's aka The Farm aka the boarder....I don't really like the term the Farm...isn't that the lie parents tell their child when the dog dies...that they are living at the farm!

Okay so she know's something's up. My hubby and daughter left yesterday for SLC and I leave tomorrow...once the suitcases were brought up from the basement...the sulking started. She is usually by my side all the time but now even more so.

She likes going to the Farm she really does. When we lived in Germany, all we had to say was Miss Rita's coming and she would go crazy, whining and waiting by the window the second the front door opened she would jump in the van without a goodbye or anything!

Now once her bed and belongings are by the back door she knows off she goes to her vacation. I made a ton of food for her, all frozen, packed her favorite blanket and toy. It's gonna be cold while we're gone so she wear her pink sweater....hope the other dogs aren't jealous of her cable knit!

It's such a peace of mind knowing she gets excited to go, when we pick her up she wiped out for days. I think all the action and excitement is perfect for her! She is napping from her morning nap gearing up for the week ahead!


Ah! the life of a well loved dog! Leaving bright in early tomorrow...hope to blog from SLC,Utah but who knows if that will happen. See ya soon!

Happy Sunday!
Stop by UNKNOWN MAMI for more SIMC!

20 comments:

Joyce said...

Oh Miss Sophie I hope you have a wonderful time at the spa. Maybe your momma could sleep in a t-shirt and leave it with you.
Hey Kathy have a fab time in SLC!! Enjoy seeing family and friends. xo

Purple Flowers said...

So glad Sophie is happy to go, where she will get good care. Have fun in SLC!

Joyce said...

Our pup loves the kennel-she's a social butterfly : ) She hops right out of the car and makes herself at home by walking right on back to the boarding area. She doesn't need to be coaxed. Now the vets office is another story : )

Have a wonderful holiday!

kks said...

I'm so jealous...SLC, my favorite! Hope we'll be hearing from you!
Enjoy!!
xoxo

Joanna Jenkins said...

You are a very good Dog Mom! It's sounds like Sophie is going to have a great time at the Spa-- I mean Farm.

Have fun in SLC! Safe travels.

xo jj

lisaroy said...

Oh that is so cute!! And such a comfort that she's excited to go. Have a great time!! xo
ps: how was your interview? :)

sheila said...

Oh my gosh, what a sweet pic of her sleeping! lol!

Maude Lynn said...

Have a great trip!

likeschocolate said...

Have a great time! My children would be jealous! They love going skiing in Utah. I wish we could have squeezed in a trip this weekend, but it was impossible with all that we have going on right now.

May said...

For Sophie, going to the farm is what sleepover is to the kids!!! Sheer excitement...:D
Have fun with the family and looking forward to your posts from Utah!!!!

Liz Mays said...

What peace of mind for you knowing she's so happy! Have a great trip!

Mrs4444 said...

It's good to know she'll be in good hands. I agree with you, though; we had a dog who went to "the farm" when I was a kid. HAVE FUN!!!

Ronda said...

I hope your having a wonderful time, and I'm sure Sophie is missing you all! Have a safe trip home, and can't wait to see pictures!
XOXO

Claudya Martinez said...

Have a blast.

I think I wouldn't mind being sent to the "farm".

Sonya said...

Aaww Miss Sophie is so adorable! I bet she is having a great time and I hope you are too!

Maggie May said...

She is lovely and I hope she'll have a wonderful time.
She looks really pampered, just like my rabbits!
Hope you have a lovely time.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Leslie said...

How adorable.. Sophies going to have a good time!
Have a fun safe trip!!!!

Deidra said...

Have fun!

Matty said...

Just imagine the joy she exhibits when you return. Have a great trip.

Unknown said...

I hope you are having the best time. I know Sophie is safe and having fun! How could she not have fun with her friends on the farm!.

Miss you! Sending love! Becky