Friday, June 15, 2012

Happy Friday and an act of kindness...






My friend Becky posted this on her blog today and her Facebook....I'm doing it! Such a simple act of kindness that will make someone's day special....plus everyone loves getting mail and cards especially. It doesn't have to be a store bought card, it can be a note, hand made or a postcard something to brighten this boy's day! 


Do you want to do an act of kindness today? My friend Marey posted this message on her blog this morning. I am committing to sending this child a card. Can you?


Most of you know that my daughter is a teenage cancer SURVIVOR. Along the way we met many others who were not so fortunate as my daughter..."we are the lucky ones," if such a thing exists....ironic to be lucky after going through 2 1/2 years of daily chemo. There's always someone who has it worse off...
So this is where I ask the favor....there is a boy who is turning 16...he is a SURVIVOR just like my daughter...only boys have 3 1/2 years of chemo for the same cancer...as that wicked cancer has taken to male parts to go into hiding. So this boy is turning 16- his dad just passed away and it's his first birthday without him. I know this sucks because my dad also died when I was young...and I can't imagine also having had cancer.

Ashton's mom would LOVE it if he could be bombarded with mail for his 16th birthday, June 22. If you have a second, could you send him a card? I put $5 in the one I am sending, but just a card would make his day.

ASHTON SCHAFFER


1017 COTTAGE ST. SW


VIENNA VA 22180


7 comments:

Joyce said...

A wonderful way to show the act of kindness. Cancer sucks no matter what age, but to be so young when life should be filled with time spent with friends, hanging out and just having fun- to loose a dad as well all before the age of 16 is so sad. Thanks for sharing. xo

Raindrops and Daisies said...

The poor child.

I hope that he gets many many cards
and that he has a happy and healthy life free of illness.

x

Katherine said...

This is so sweet!! He deserved this act of kindness! :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I did not know that about your daughter. I will definitely send a card to Ashton. What a story and what a journey for a 16 year old.

Joanna Jenkins said...

I just saw this on Becky's blog and already wrote out a birthday card. What a scary thing to go through.
Thanks for spreading the word.

And Happy Father's Day to your Hubby.

xo jj

Ina in Alaska said...

Touched my heart. I am mailing a card to this brave young man.

TARYTERRE said...

Such a wonderful gesture FOR this teen who is battling so much.