1. Summer officially rolls in with the Hodgepodge this week, for those of us in the Northern hemisphere anyway. What song says summer 2012 to you?
???? Don't have one yet I'm going to work on it though!! I did hear a song last night on my oldies but goodies radio station that brought back summer memories of the year I graduated 1984
Tears for Fears Shout!
Tears for Fears Shout!
2. What's your favorite quintessential summer food?
Watermelon...grilled veggies.....hot dogs/hamburgers
3. I've spent a lot of time traipsing up and down the NJ Turnpike in recent weeks. Did you know the rest areas on the turnpike are named after people who lived or worked in NJ? Clara Barton, Walt Whitman, J. Fennimore Cooper, Molly Pitcher, Joyce Kilmer,Thomas Edison, and Gover Clevland just to name a few. Of those I listed, who would you most like to have known and why?
I'm going to say Clara Barton because of her humanitarian causes and being the found of Red Cross....I wonder if she ever dream this organization would help so many.
4. At what age did you move out of your parent's house and what prompted the move?
I was 22 years old....I got married.
5. What's more satisfying to you-saving time or saving money?
Saving money for sure.
6. Name something you think brings out the good in people.
Paying it forward....giving back!
7. This last question comes to you courtesy of Kathy over at Reflections...will you be taking a vacation or a staycation this summer? If so where will you go? If a staycation is on the calendar have you made any special plans to fill the time?
Probably a staycation....maybe a quick trip to NJ at the most. We did our big vacation in April and being Katelyn is leaving for college in 56 days...we need every minute for her to work and us to enjoy her smiling face!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My parents come today for a visit and Katelyn's graduation on Friday....it's really happening! My baby is going to be a college girl...I'm in such denial.....I know some of you are saying "what's the big deal"...I'm not sure....it just feels like kindergarten was yesterday and eighth grade was also yesterday...and now it's just I want to pause life for a little while....take a breath and enjoy! sniff sniff sniff....!
Stop by and say hi to Joyce at From this side of the pond for more Hodgepodge fun!