Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge

Joining Joyce @

1. What is ONE thing or area in your home or life you hope to report is completely organized when 2013 draws to a close?  Do you  have a plan to make it happen? 


My photo's- I only have from 2004 on Disc, everything prior to getting a digital camera is in boxes or in scrap books. I'd like to scan the best. Trash the random out of focus....not sure who, what and where ones! I'd also like to make several picture book type albums. 

2. What's the worst uniform you've ever had to wear for a job?


When I was a teen I worked at the grocery store we wore red cotton poly elastic pants and a red smock! It was a whole lot of red! 

3. What was your last kitchen 'mishap'?  This question comes to you courtesy of Bettywho blogs over at A Glimpse Into Midlife...everyone go say hi to Betty!


A couple weeks ago I slammed open my oven door and it broke! It doesn't shut all the way, I can still use it but it's on it's last leg! 

4. How do you protect yourself from other people's negativity?


Avoidance ! I just choose to not be around or a part of those people's unhappy lives.

5. Who in your family do you most resemble (physically)? If you have children, who do people say they favor? Do you agree? 
I don't think I look like anyone in my family. All five of us girls look different. We have features of our parents but we are such a mix. My daughter has my round face, my Mom's button nose, her Dad's eyes. 
I don't know you tell me?? Who do I look like? And do we all look alike?

6. January 8th is National Bubble Bath Day...will you be celebrating?


Oops missed that celebration!

7.  Some of the 'world's best winter festivals' are - Mardi Gras (New Orleans),Quebec Winter Festival (Canada), Sundance Film Festival (Park City, Utah),  Rio Carnivale (Brazil), Sapporo Snow Festival (Japan), VeniceCarnival (Italy) and the Harbin Ice Festival (Northern China).  Of those listed (and if cost were not a factor) which would you most like to attend and why?


I've been to Sundance  in Park City many times, while we lived in Salt Lake City. It's a great time. I would love to go to Mardi Gras I've heard it's amazing! Though I'm a picky eater not sure I'd love the food down south or not! Rio Carnival would be next on the list. Because what's not to love about Rio! 

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Today seconds after leaving my Pilates class as I was dreaming of a bagel and than I see red flashing lights behind me....oh crap! First time encounter with NY police in my village....haven't been pulled over in many many many years! My workout place is right in the middle of a very long school zone and I was not going school zone appropriate speed. I had no clue the school zones go from 7am to 7 pm in my village! Seriously the kids are in school I had just pulled out into the street and bam! Thankfully he gave me a warning! But you can guarantee I'll be cruising 20 from 7 to 7 in the village! 

Happy Wednesday! 






15 comments:

Joyce said...

So glad you escaped with a warning. A ticket can ruin a perfectly good day : )

Cute family photo!

Unknown said...

I see a lot of resemblances between all of you. A beautiful family for sure. Happy Wednesday

Purple Flowers said...

I think you resemble your Dad.
Lucky for you, the Policeman only gave you a warning.Tickets, points and insurance can be costly.
Have a "slow" day. :)

Hootin Anni said...

Oh trust me, the food in New Orleans is great...and any kind. But, you may want to go to Rio instead. Sounds all the more romantic, I'd think.

Bill Lisleman said...

I thought the flashing red lights were part of your day dream and a warning not to get the bagel.
No brothers?

likeschocolate said...

You crazy girl -breaking ovens! You better get busy backing up those photos. It is a sad day when the computer crashes and they aren't backed up. Been there and I can't tell you how hard I cried.

lisaroy said...

Great pic of all of you! Funny, none of you look alike, and yet you all look like you're from the same family!
Glad the cop let you off with a warning - you must have fluttered those eyes!

Maggie May said...

Yes....... there is a likeness in your family and I think particularly to your father. What a lovely family.
Maggie x

Nuts in May

kks said...

love the family photo! you speed demon you!! love katelyn's pic on the header!!
xoxo

Tami said...

One question: Why were your SLAMMING the oven door? :-)
I volunteer to help you with the pictures! I've been scrapbooking for many years now. It took me a long time to organize the photos and begin the process. Although I haven't scanned many of the older photos, I did complete the books for those years.

I think you and your sisters look alike.

Happy Day you speed demon!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I feel the same way with photos but I don't have plans for this year. Since 2006 I've had digital but I have a two large kitchen cabinets filled with 50 years of photos. I see your parents in your face!

Marilyn *Pink Martinis and Pearls* said...

How do,you like your class?

Maggie May said...

Lovely sunsets and we know that once January sets in, Spring is really on its way.
Maggie x

Nuts in May

Angela said...

Rio!! Rio de Janeiro is a wonderful place. Sexy place, lots of sunshine and happiness!!Carnaval in Rio has to be the most wonderful thing on earth!
Have a great Sunday.

Mrs4444 said...

Wow--Five sisters...your poor parents! I agree with you; each of you looks different! I was just wondering (today, in fact) who Katelyn favors; thanks for clearing that up for me!