Joining Joyce @From This Side Of The Pond today
1. April showers bring May flowers, or so the saying goes. When did you last 'shower' attention on someone or have attention 'showered' on you? Did you love it, or did all that attention make you squirm?
My husband is pretty good at showering attention on me all the time. Some times I love it and other times....I'm like give me some space! lol! Katelyn is coming home for Easter break and I plan on showering her with lots of mom attention. She will hate and love it.
2. Share a favorite 'spring break' memory. Not talking about just the 'college spring break' thing, but any favorite spring break memory you'd like to share. Keep it family friendly please!
I loved our Spring Break Katelyn's junior year of HS when we did all the college tours. We did the marathon from Buffalo to Pittsburgh across the state of Pennsylvania ending in Philly and then spent the weekend in DC. It was a whirl wind. I just remember thinking how can she be thinking of college we just signed her up for kindergarten yesterday.....it went so fast....now she is just registered for junior year of college!
3. It's National Pecan Month...are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite dish that calls for pecans?
Yes I love a small slice of pecan pie but my favorite meal is making pecan crusted Salmon....I probably make it every other week
4. 'Put all your eggs in one basket', 'egg on your face', 'rotten egg', 'walk on eggshells', or 'a good egg'...which egg-spression could most recently be applied to your own life?
As of lately I'd say eggs in one basket...especially being on the job hunt. I seem to go on one interview and it's hard to keep the momentum going because I want to see what happens with the one interview....it's such a process.
5. In my experience___________________________________.
Karma doesn't exist
6. What's a favorite song with the word rain in its title or lyrics?
Two songs with the word rain in it remind me of my younger days
First is Eurythmics-Here comes the rain
And Prince Purple Rain
7. What does the word hope mean to you?
Hope is not a word I try to use a lot. I live with a science guy and that word doesn't hold any weight to him. I think hope has let me down but I still hold out hope for certain uncertainties!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have been trying to lose a few lbs.....been working out 6-7 days a week. Trying to make better food choices but this time of year is tough because I believe in supporting the Girl Scouts so theres that ! Then I'm I big supporter of Easter candy....I love Peeps and Cadbury Mini Eggs! But with that said I'm really proud that I have kicked my jelly bean habit so theres that! Needless to say come April 21st.....It's gonna be a new day!