Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weekend Ramblings

My rambling weekend......

I told my German teacher my daughter was having a surprise birthday party at our house this weekend, she wanted to know if I was serving alcohol?
WTH I said NEIN!! She ask if it was because I didn't want them to have alcohol? Ja mostly because they are 14 and 15 years old and they don't drink!! She was shocked!!

Diet Coke in restaurants cost 3.50 Euro for a small, that's around $4.55! Why? Beer is a Euro more for a large? Crazy!

My ass hurts from riding my bike to kingdom come and back!

I hate grocery shopping here .....the meat is a mystery.

I lady at the cheese counter yelled at me for trying to come within a foot of the cheese that was wrapped in plastic, so I could communicate how much I needed. Need to stop eating cheese!!

We have a strawberry field a half a block away... same strawberries are sold on other end of block a quart cost 2.65 Euro =$3.45. Why were the strawberries cheaper in Utah and they came from Chile?

Why don't girls sleep at sleepovers?
Why didn't I take a sleeping pill and wear ear plugs?
Why is my husband snoring?
I hate sleepovers!!

11 comments:

Andrea said...

Parenting truly grows weary during the teenage years. I am exhausted after raising 4 of 5 kids. My youngest is 16 yrs old and on some days I am not sure I have the energy to make it to his adult years. So far, he has been our easiest and I pray it stays that way.
Blessings, andrea

Tami said...

Kathy, I must admit, I kind of giggled at the last part about the sleepover. Even though I have boys - they have sleepovers too - and the same things happen!! The joys of parenthood!!

Marilyn *Pink Martinis and Pearls* said...

I'd say take some of that alcohol and cheese and self medicate.

Ina in Alaska said...

The cheese segment of your ramble was hilarious....step back from that cheese and no one will get hurt!! UGH I NEVER liked sleepovers!!! Especially when no alcohol can be served :) xoxo

Shady Lady said...

So when Princess hits the teenage years I need to start drinking more. Right?

the mama bird diaries said...

I've never read a post where the mom liked a sleepover. Oy. How am I going to be able to avoid these evil sleepovers. :)

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

whahaha...I don't snore but grind my teeth! Please buy Earplugs to match your PJ...errr??? Great week dear!

Joyce said...

Kathy- you are starting my day off with a smile. You are really too funny. I'm afraid you would have me laughing all the time if I was near you. LOL.... xoxo

Deidra said...

Hilarious! Oh my goodness! I can't stop laughing. Except to say...sorry about the sleepover. Now I'm laughing again!

Slices of Beauty... said...

Ha ha my hubby snores too but it took the video cam to convince the hunk. Still believes he slept on the 'wrong side'. ha ha

Thanks for making me laugh.

Ute said...

You clearly live in the wrong part of Germany, my dear. :)