Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Wednesday ramblings

Today Katleyn and I went to the city to beat the heat. Came upon a Michael Jackson Memorial on our Roland Statue...I was a little shocked, in a little German city to find such a display of loss. Personally I loved him in the 80-90's but totally over him. May he rest in peace.

Why is there not A/C in Germany...I'm pretty sure it's all of Germany not just Bremen. I thought the stores and restaurants would have A/C but no! Not even Starbucks! It is almost 90 degrees here and 100 % humidity! I'm sweating places I shouldn't!

I don't care how hot it is men shouldn't wear Capri's! Sorry!

I miss having a car and A/C.

I ate BO today while riding the SBahn without A/C, why does everyone stink! Can't they smell themselves? European BO is unlike any other...it is!

I missed my bus and had to walk.....I'm so effing hot, I think I'm dying!

I wish my gym would stop emailing me asking me to come be SPORTY can't they see I'm too effing hot to workout. Plus who needs that guilt, what are they my mother!

What else can I ramble about or complain....buying time until clock strikes 5pm so I can pop open a bier! Oh hell it's 5 some where....see ya!






16 comments:

Ina in Alaska said...

Oh my! As I was laughing out loud over your rants my husband asked what is so funny so I read your post aloud to him as he did his Suduku. He had lived in France for 3 years in his 20s and totally agrees with you about the BO but says they are used to each other's smells in Europe. ICK!! Hope you feel less humid soon, Frau!! xoxo

Andrea said...

OOOOH as my grandbaby would say! I dont think I could ever get use to the smell. I NEED A/C! I am sorry you can not find any non-smelly a/c accommodations...
andrea

preppyplayer said...

We have a Ac, but you haven't smelt BO until six, twelve year-old boys coming from a two hour soccer camp have ridden in your car!
PEE YOU!
I opened all the windows and they actually seemed surprised.

Deidra said...

This is the funniest thing I've read all week! I'm sorry you're hot and sweaty and having to breathe in funkiness. But I'm so glad you wrote about it, as only you could! Here's hoping for a cool, short, refreshing rain to wash it all away.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Greetings from Los Angeles. I was in Hollywood, CA yesterday with out of town family and spotted the Michael Jackson memorial at his star on the Walk of Fame. There was a huge pile of wilted flowers and lots of notes, posters and tee shirt hawkers. Lots of people too but the mobs are starting to lighten up a bit. I'm with you-- OVER MJ and his crazy behavior. But sadly, he will remain at the top of the news for a long time to come.

Nice to meet you. I'll be back again soon.

Ronda said...

Oh you are so funny! I feel sooooo bad for you. I couldn't last a minute w/o air. I'm having the worst hot flashes as it is when others are freezing! I just can't believe that there is no air in public places. Wow, I can feel your pain. But you truly do make me laugh!!
XOXO

Leciawp said...

Happy Wednesday! xoxo

Joyce said...

Oh my I better rethink about dreaming some day living overseas. No air and smell! Not a good think... my sense of smell has gotten so strong since my nasty surgery. I joke I went in with curly hair, came out with straight hair and have a honker that should be working with the drug dogs!! I need my AC I can be one crazy woman without it. Kathy you are waaaay too funny! xoox

Bobbi said...

Sounds like another summer day here in Dallas, except for the European BO.

I bet they are RANK!!!

Ann said...

Hope you are staying cool somehow! Right there w/ you with no a/c, but I do have a car with a/c, so that helps a bit. Does the gym have a/c? I imagine people would be dropping like flies if it didn't!

Slices of Beauty... said...

Ha ha, thanks for making me laugh!

kw said...

wow. Do I need to call the Waaambulance? haha :)

Coffee with Cathy said...

Kathy -- You have given me quite a different view of Europe. Thank you??? Anyway, hope today is sweeter for you.

Fifi Flowers said...

LOL... You do NEED some AC to make you feel better!
OMG... BO... you reminded moi of a trip on a train in Italy... I had passengers mad because I opened train window... and it was cold but I was about to be sick from BO... ugh... bad memory!
No capris on men unless they are at a clambake and have rolled up their pant legs!

Jen said...

Amen about men in capris. That is just wrong on so many levels.

bevchen said...

I'm pretty sure there is air con in Karstadt here -I went in there the other day purely to get away from the heat.
I agree BO is bad, but equally bad is people who coat themselves in so much deodrant/perfume/aftershave that I am actually unable to breathe!