Wednesday, May 30, 2012




1. What can the average citizen do to honor a military veteran and/or those currently serving?
Fly our flag, thank a service member every time you see one in uniform....appreciate our freedom.

2. Besides a flag what is something you own that is red, white and blue?
Pillows, signs....furniture...my bonus room is Americana so it's filled with all kinds of  RWB items.

3. Does love really conquer all?
I think so...

4. Strawberry shortcake or blueberry pie?
Strawberry shortcake all the way! 

5. Do you share personal stuff with your hairdresser?
I do...after all you are sitting there sometimes for hours with a captive audience! 

6. Does money lead to selfishness?
I think in some people...

7. What piece of furniture in your home most needs replacing or refinishing?
My living room couch and love seat set...it's next on the list of wants! 

8. Insert your own random here.
Needing some ideas for my daughter for a memorable graduation gift....her college provides a MAC book and an Ipad so that's out. I want to give her something to mark the occasion and show her how proud we are but I'm at a loss. Any ideas of what you received or gave your children would be greatly appreciated! 

Happy Wednesday! 
Stop by Joyce's at From this side of the Pond and join the fun! 

14 comments:

Katherine said...

great answers!

What about a picture of you and her when she was little? That would be nice!

likeschocolate said...

I agree on Strawberry shortcake and do not believe money leads to selfishness. There are plenty of wealthy people who do charity work and give their money away.

Joyce said...

We bought ours electronics but since she's got those covered I am not sure. How about jewelry?

We just bought daughter2 a bedroom set for her college graduation. Yours is probably not in an apt so not in the market for furniture yet.

A bike? Would a bike be helpful where she's going? Even if they can have a car they sometimes don't want to give up a prime parking space just to go to class : )

Marla said...

I bought both of my daughters a nice piece of luggage. I got one with wheels. Something that they could use heading off to college and especially for the visits back home!

Kwana said...

I got mine an engraved Tiffany heart with her grad year maybe something like that or a locket?

Claudya Martinez said...

I read something yesterday that I really appreciated. It said to put material things in perspective because otherwise your possessions end up owning you.

CM said...

A nice ring, necklace or earrings. A car. Or open a savings account or CD in her name. Just some ideas. Congrats to your daughter! :-)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Fly your flag, great idea. Didn't hear that one anywhere today. Gee off hand I can't think of a special gift. Maybe a really nice watch. You could engrave it. Maybe start a Pandora bracelet for her.

Ina in Alaska said...

A nice flat screen TV?

Something special Katelyn really wants????

Tickets to a great concert??

A short getaway trip? My mom & I went to Italy together when I graduated from college- wonderful trip...

May said...

Congrats Katelyn!!
I too am with the getaway trip. Maybe a holiday to a place she has always wanted to visit?

Joyce said...

Strawberry shortcake is my fav too! I thought of a Tiffany gift too. I know you mentioned her style of jewelry but they do have done that might fit her style. When my niece grad from hs I gave her a silver heart and still wears it often. I will continue to keep thinking. You know me!!!!! ;D xo

lisaroy said...

I think a gorgeous piece of jewelry from somewhere really special is something that she'll treasure forever. xo

Buckeroomama said...

A nice DSLR in a pretty (but functional) camera bag! :)

Maggie May said...

I think children seem to have their own ideas about what they'd like to receive so I think they like to have money and buy what they want. I don't expect you'll like that idea though!
Like some of the other suggestions.
Maggie X

Nuts in May