Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sunday in my city

Today is the year anniversary of
A year ago today their coach and her unborn baby died in the crash
 along with the bus driver.
Many players were injured including Katelyn's BFF Amanda.
It's been a long road to recovery for her and many others.
I know today's memorial game will be emotional.
My heart is heavy remembering that tearful call from Katelyn. 
Today my heart is still heavy for Coach Quigley's family.


I'am happy these two peas in a pod will be there cheering on follow players and friends



Joining Unknown Mami today! 
Stop by and join in

14 comments:

Bill Lisleman said...

sad memory but good that the community does remember.

Maggie May said...

Oh dear.......... that was really sad.
Maggie x

Nuts in May

Purple Flowers said...

I remember that accident. Seton Hall is my Alma Mater. I lived about forty five minutes from the college. That accident happened and made newspapers everywhere. I feel sad for everyone involved. Tragic. I am glad your daughter is friends with Amanda. I am sure Katelyn is full of compassion, as you are.

Mrs4444 said...

Heartbreaking.

retired not tired said...

A very sad memory. Gone but not forgotten!

Tami said...

I remember you writing about this. Such a sad story. I'm glad that Katelyn's friend is okay and that she was there to pick up the pieces for her.

StarTraci said...

Oh! I remember this accident. I am so sorry that you were personally impacted. My prayers go up for all involved, especially the coach's family.

TARYTERRE said...

A sad anniversary, for sure.

Unknown said...

Oh I remember that story, so sad. I bet todays game was very hard for many, but I'm sure they'll support each other, as happens with tragedies like this. Thinking of you guys today.

Unknown said...

Oh I remember that story, so sad. I bet todays game was very hard for many, but I'm sure they'll support each other, as happens with tragedies like this. Thinking of you guys today.

lisaroy said...

What a heartbreaking memory.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

((HUGS)) Keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your pain... :(
The girls look happy though.
xo

Claudya Martinez said...

Tough, tough.