Thursday, December 11, 2008

Follow up to St. Nikolaus Day

On St. Nikolaus Day in Bremen, it looked very much like the U.S. Halloween, well except all the kids were dressed the same, as St. Nikolaus. Katelyn came home from school on Friday and said she was told not to be surprised if kids came to her house tomorrow dressed like these two pictured and if you give them candy they will sing Christmas carols! I listen to what she told me and thought okay this well be fun to see. I could not believe my eyes our block was covered with young kids like these pictured running around carry stockings full of candy. All the stores had a St. Nikolaus out front giving out candy to the kids and hot drinks to the parents (wine?).
It was really something to see but sadly no one came to our door...Which was probably good. I had already ate any candy we may have had! Maybe next year!

2 comments:

Ina in Alaska said...

Interesting custom! xo

preppyplayer said...

better have the candy next year!