Thursday, December 4, 2008

To the market we go......

This picture is from the German Christmas Market we went to in London but I wanted to add to this Blog as a welcome to the Christmas season.




There is one thing Germans do right and that is their Christmas Markets. Someone once told me the Germans think they invented Christmas....I think they did! Right now every square inch of the City Center is covered with vendors selling various German items and lots of food and rides for the kids. It is such a site to see, if you are not in the Christmas spirit after visiting it then something is wrong! Which is you probably didn't stop for a hot wine drink and should turn around and do that. I'm looking forward to going at night and take pictures of the lights and all the action.

I try to collect Nativity Scene from everywhere I go if possible so I set my sights out for a nice authentic German one, the following picture is the one I bought and I'm so excited. It is one the the famous German pyramids....you would not believe the choices I had, I have never seen so many beautiful pieces of handcraft gems.

My only complaint about the market is the Santa, oh my that was some Santa. I'm not going to go on and on about him because after all its Santa and who am I to judge BUT......?


5 comments:

preppyplayer said...

I love the nativity scene, very unique. And that santa looks a bit sinister...
More pics please.

Ina in Alaska said...

If I was in Germany I would eat so much chocolate! Love your pictures and also the ones on the right side of your blog. Did you ride on the London Eye??

Formerly known as Frau said...

Ina I have ate so much chocolate ! Gained so much weight since moving here! Everyday I saw okay Kathy no chocolate today and I always cave! No we did not ride the London Eye I have height issues!

Tami said...

I love the pictures. It is so cool to see the differences in our culture.
ps. do you have any Biergartens where you live?

Anonymous said...

UUMM! FIRE HAZARD!!!