Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge-New Year

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. What are three words you would use to describe your 2011?

Hard
Different
Fast

2. Do you like shrimp? What's your favorite way to have it prepared?

Yes I like it cold with cocktail sauce or in a scampi.

3. Is your house de-Christmased? If so when did you tackle that job? If not, when will the decorations come down?

Yes I did it in stages. All of if was put away this weekend and house clean! 
I really like starting the new year clean and organized.

4. Do you like to watch scary movies?

No not really...I like murder mysteries but not Halloween type no way! 

5. ice skating~sledding~skiing~snowboarding~of the four listed which wintertime activity do you most enjoy?

Skiing....in fact I just booked our February trip to Utah last night. My favorite ski trip was when we went to Austria....I'm not a huge skier like my hubby and daughter. I'm a sunny day ski a few runs stop have some coffee, ski some more and soak up the sun on the deck kind of skier!



 Austrian Alps

 Soaking up some sun

Spent some time on the ground too!
I love how a picture was snapped before helping me up....!

6. Did you have a childhood hideout? Describe it.

I remember setting up forts everywhere....under pool table, dinning room table....outside my sister's and I were masters of fort building. 

7. What's a place or space that motivates you?

As of lately Pinterest...I'm in the process of redoing our Master and next is our living room....so many ideas on the net! 

8. Insert your own random thought here.

It finally snowed here...it's bitter cold. It's Katelyn's first winter driving solo....is it possible to pray for her safety too much. Tonight she is working at the ski resort...she is driving in the dark at night with snow and ice....did I mention she is a new driver and my only child...! ugh!! It's all too much for me!! 

Happy Wednesday all please stop by Joyce's blog and wish her a Happy New Year and join the fun! 

24 comments:

lisaroy said...

Look at you - you little ski bunny! Oddly, I've never tried skiing, even though I grew up in Northern Ontario with lots of snow.
I built lots of forts too, but really loved playing inside the guest room closet at my grandmother's old house.
I don't blame you for worrying about Katelyn - put some Blizzak tires on and she'll be good to go. :)

Ina in Alaska said...

LOVE the pictures of your ski trip to the Austrian Alps. Just so glamorous! I am hoping to get back on XC skis this winter - I only do absolutely FLAT snow surfaces. I am sure I need new boots for my skis, I recall giving my old ones away. Bad Ina.

Hope Katelyn will stay safe on the roads. I worry too, I do not enjoy driving on icy roads. Hate it in fact. And other drivers go too fast here. Very impatient and restless drivers. Hurry Spring!!

Purple Flowers said...

Great post! I too like to be organized; it's a good feeling to start the New Year.

Kwana said...

Happy New Year. I love your new header you look so pretty and festive. The ski pics are great!

Liz Mays said...

I know I always worried about them driving in the snow too. It's scary! I still worry and they're young adults!

Your future ski trip sounds like a blast!

Joyce said...

Ha-love the picture. There is video of me on the ground before being assisted too. I may have said a bad word about my husband in that moment : )

Oh, kid drivers...no matter the weather its a worry. I do think a mother's prayers are heard.

likeschocolate said...

Love the photos! I don't like scary movies either and I like my scrimp cold with cocktail sauce!

likeschocolate said...

Love the photos! I don't like scary movies either and I like my scrimp cold with cocktail sauce!

Tami said...

So which one took the picture before helping you up? haha! I personally like the picture of you soaking up the sun! That would be me. I am not a ski person.

I remember when Ahren drove for the first time. I worried and worried and worried. He has been driving for a few years and I am a bit more relaxed, but there is always that nagging thought once in awhile. It must be a parent thing.

Bobbi said...

Those pictures are to die for, so gorgeous! And I especially love the one of you on the ground!

I'm so glad I don't have to worry about driving in the snow anymore!!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Well aren't you just the cutest little ski bunny ever!!!

I love readin' your list and gettin' to know you better.

Since we just celebrated Christmas on the Ponderosa Saturday, undecorated the house today.

'Did the church yesterday, I think it was easier...Heehehehe!

Godb less ya sweetie and have a fantastic 2012! :o)

Joyce said...

I'm with you start the new year fresh. My grandmom used to say she didn't want to bring in the old year with the new year, so down came the decorations. I on the other hand Gary says I take a step too far- I take the decorations down the day after Christmas. :) I would be with you soaking up the sun and having a cocktail. Enjoy! xo

AiringMyLaundry said...

Love the pictures! How fun!

CM said...

Saying a prayer for her safety. Just tell her to take it slow and easy, hands on the wheel, and no talking/texting while driving.

Love that pic of you guys skiing! Wow, how amazing that must have been. The view must have been incredible. I've only skied on our ski hills here, no mountains in this state!

Anonymous said...

I loved your skiing pictures!

Aren't you something, starting out the new year all clean and organized?! I'm envious...because I'm neither!

TARYTERRE said...

What gorgeous photos of you and your family on the skiing trip to Austria. Those mountains in the background were stunning. Loved hearing that you ski a few runs stop have some coffee, ski some more, then soak up the sun on the deck. Sounds like FUN. Hope your daughter will be safe on the icy roads. I know it's worrisome. Christmas will be up here until the 6th. We celebrate the Twelve Days. You're lucky yours is behind you. take care.

Ann said...

Thank you sooo much for the bib!!! It was such a nice surprise! And sorry it took so long to write this - everytime I thought about it I only had one hand free! Happy New Year to all of you!

pve design said...

Wonderful Wednesday to you! I love how you "shush" here and there and the fact that you are letting your dear daughter drive off shows you have trust which is such an important right of passage for young people.
We need to show them they can and they will and let go.
I know letting my one son go back to college was one part hard and the other part wonderful to see him with new friends and growing up.
I love shrimp cocktail and skiing and the apres ski...
stay warm and worry free!
pve

Debbiedoos said...

Happy New year! I love shrimp both ways too. No scary movies for this scardy cat LOL! Great ski pics.

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

the last pic cracks me UP!
I want to go on a ski trip!

Unknown said...

I feel your worry, my friend. I would be such a nervous wreck but I know she will take it slow and be just fine. Has she had plenty of practice with you in the car? Saying prayers for Katelyn and for you too.

Buckeroomama said...

*Gulp* Our Christmas tree is still up. I want to practice doing shaped bokeh with the Christmas lights...

Hope you had a good week to start the year off. :)

Anonymous said...

Aww i like reading little mini interviews like this really makes it easier to connect with yall! =) Reading through yours though I instantly felt chills with all the referencing of snow haha. And its Summer here!!!! teehee

Eeli

Claudya Martinez said...

The picture of you on the ground was totally worth making you wait for help.