Saturday, March 3, 2012

The game of Tag

One of my favorite bloggers "tagged" me in the 11 game! Lisa of lisa roy muskoka...a designer obsessed with pretty things, beautiful spaces, Interesting places...and handbags. Lisa is a fellow expat blogger from Muskoka, Canada now living in Dubai. She has an amazing blog and Etsy shop and a eye for design like no other.

The idea is that a blogger "tags" another blogger and gives them 11 questions to answer in a post, then that blogger "tags" another 11 bloggers and comes up with 11 questions for them to answer and so on.

1. What is the last DIY project you completed?
We recently redid our bedroom, on the picture gallery wall I did a small DIY PINTEREST copy it was easy and not too involved. I love how it turned out and pops on our wall.



Basically glued scrabble tiles on a covered mat, this mat I bought at JoAnn Fabrics a year ago. It was the beginning inspiration of my room. 

2. What do you love most about yourself?
I love that I'm a good friend to all. Or at least I try to be......


3. Dog person or cat person?
This is easy, I'm allergic to cats so I've always been a dog person. My current love is my 6 year old Wire Fox Terrier Sophie. 

4. What made you choose your current home?
We moved to our current home 18months ago (wow already!) after being transferred here. We looked at so many homes, this was the last home we looked at. We were on our way to the airport and the minute I stepped through the doors I knew it was the one. Everything we looked at was like stepping back in time. We had remodeled several homes and just knew my hubby would not have the time to do that again. This home needed nothing done and was our style. It's the youngest home we have ever own 15 years old and though it needs a few modern touches it's perfect for now. 

5. If you were single and could go on a date with anyone in the world, who would it be and why?
I'm going to add single and younger to the question....it would be my celebrity crush Ryan Gosling! 
Why? Hello.....it's Ryan Gosling enough said!!

6. What room in your home would you most like to redo? 
My Kitchen....right now it has dark cabinets and formica counter tops and the appliances and sink are really dated. I would love a white kitchen and stainless steel appliances with a marble/butcher's block combo counter top. My hubby would like to knock down a wall and open it up....but that I'd lose a whole wall of cabinets. Some day we will attack that room.

7. What is your favorite childhood memory? 
My favorite is playing outside with my sisters and neighbor friends for hours on a summer day. Playing kick the can or cops and robbers waiting for the dinner bell or yell to come home. The endless games with kids of all ages....endless summer fun! 

8. What is the most embarrassing thing you've ever said or done?
Omg I have certainly wiped that memory out of my mind....I know I have said and done plenty but my recall is zero! Sorry! 

9. Who is the most influential person in your life? 
My husband for sure.....

10. If you won the lottery today, what is the first thing you would buy?
A new kitchen see number 6! No I would buy our daughter's education....she starts University in the fall. I would pay for her 5 years in advance. 

11. Describe your dream home.
My dream home would be a big country home with a big lemonade front porch. All the modern conveniences with a country chic feel. Big enough for all my family to visit with a homey cozy feel. 


Okay there you have it! Thanks Lisa for tagging me! 

Here is my 11 bloggers...no pressure to play along!

Here's the 11 questions
1. Describe yourself in seven words
2. Your favorite meal to cook
3. If I were to ask you where you are from....where do you consider home? Where you live now, where you grew up or where you were born? 
4. What's your talent? 
5. What's your dream job?
6. What do you fear?
7. If you won the lottery what would you buy first?
8. Favorite charity?
9. Favorite candy?
10. If you could change on thing about yourself what would it be?
11. If you could change one thing about the world what would it be?

Play along if you like...no pressure! 


Happy Weekend !!!

11 comments:

likeschocolate said...

Thanks for thinking of me. I just did this tag about a week ago. You can see my answers under the title Friday! Have a fantastic weekend.

Bill Lisleman said...

Just thinking of two the questions - so if this fantasy date happened with Ryan Gosling, what would be the most embarrassing thing you could think of that might go wrong. thanks for browsing by.

Leslie said...

Great questions and answers. I love your answer to #9. Your house is breathtaking. Want some roommates ..
Have a great sunday.

Formerly known as Frau said...

So many embarrassing things would happen for sure...I've been out of the game a long time!

Mrs4444 said...

Your new bedroom looks amazing :)

I concur on the good friend point! :)

Ina in Alaska said...

Thanks for NOT putting me on the list WHEW!!

LOVE YOUR HOUSE. It is so pretty!!!

I remember playing outside. I too remember the moms "yelling" for everyone that it is time to come in for dinner. No one yells for their kids any more. They all have cell phones!!!

Gr8 post!! Tee hee hee xoxo

Tami said...

Your house is amazing! I too would love to have a farmhouse with a wide porch and swing. To enjoy the spring breeze and lemonade in the summer.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Ohhh, I have house envy... And yard envy too. You don't get that kind of space in Los Angeles. It's all gorgeous.

This was fun and I learned a new things too.

Your March header is another homerun!

xo jj

Marilyn *Pink Martinis and Pearls* said...

I cannot believe you have been in your home for this long. I would have guessed less than a year. Where has the time gone?

lisaroy said...

Love your answers! Ryan Gossling is pretty much a gimme! :) Your home is so lovely - it's no surprise that you knew right away that it was the one. Thanks for playing along! xo

Unknown said...

Hmmm. I've been a bit of a blogging slacker. I'm wondering if I should still think about doing this.