Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge

Joining Joyce @

1.  With that being said I think I need to dive right in to some Christmas related questions, don't you? Which do you prefer-pretty gift wrap with a bow or a pretty gift bag with/without a bow?  What percentage of your holiday gifts are currently (as in right this very minute) wrapped in some form or fashion? 
Pretty wrapped gift with bow...but somethings just make sense to wrap in bag. I have zero presents wrapped!

2.  What is one item on your Christmas list this year?
Perfume...I always seem to run out either at my Birthday or Christmas and again at Mother's Day! 

3.  What makes a home?
A place you instantly feel comfortable in...inviting space. 

4.  Motown founder Berry Gordy celebrates his birthday on Hodgepodge Day-November 28th. Are you a fan of the Motown sound?  If so, who's your favorite Motown artist and/or song? Here's a list in case you're stuck. 
Yes I'm a fan ....love Smokey Robinson, Diana Ross, Marvin Gaye, Jackson 5 who's my favorite I'd say Jackson 5- I'll be there.

5.  Red or green-which one is more prevalent in your closet?
Red

 6.  True or false-bacon makes it better? If you answered true, what's your favorite dish made with bacon? 
I love bacon but only have it when in a restaurant for breakfast. I love a BLT! 

7.  Share a favorite holiday memory.
My favorite part of the holiday is decorating as a family. Craig flocks our lovely fake tree, Katelyn is the main tree decorator but usually loses momentum half way through...and Craig steps in. I usually decorate the rest of house with all sorts of opinions flying. It's all done with Christmas music blasting and all of us together. 

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Like Joyce I grew up with the sitting on the stairs picture on Christmas morning, patiently waiting to see what Santa brought us. We've done the same thing for Katelyn when we can...most years we've lived in ranch style homes with stairs only leading to the basement. 
Here's last years shot! 
It's snowing...I was heading out to do some returns and shopping but...
These kind of days are best enjoyed in the comfort of a warm cozy house! 
Another day! 

Happy Wednesday! 

12 comments:

Liz Mays said...

I'm laughing that her decorating has a basic time limit on it before she's over it. My kids are like that too!

Ina in Alaska said...

I too love all Motown music!!!

Joyce said...

It snowed all day here yesterday and is a really pretty snow-big fluffy flakes. Today there are clear blue skies and it's going to be in the 40's so it's melting, but that's pretty too. Definitely put me in the Christmas mood!

retired not tired said...

We had to drive outside of the city to get snow. It was lovely and got us in the holiday spirit.

Bill Lisleman said...

Maybe I'll try these questions - you don't need to be female do you? Marvin Gaye was good.
Hard to pick one The Temptations, Little Eva, Stevie Wonder.

Tami said...

From the view, it looks like the neighbors got rid of the big orange paint.
If you like perfume, try PINK from Victoria's Secret. It is a lighter scent and my favorite!

April said...

Send some of that snow down my way, will ya? I love a good BLT, too!

Claudya Martinez said...

I am a nut for bacon and have been making it at home far too often.

Joanna Jenkins said...

I love bacon too, but only if someone else cooks it cuz it makes too much of a mess!

Katelyn looks so cute.

xo jj

Buckeroomama said...

Oh, I love me some Motown. :)

Have a great week, Kathy!

Joyce said...

Love the Christmas music loud as I decorate or drive in the car. I'm a Motown gal too. :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Enjoyed reading your answers. Christmas is the best time of year!