Tuesday, November 27, 2012

What I loved about Thanksgiving break....

Having this girl home....
My two babies cuddling on the couch....
I loved cooking for her, shopping with her, decorating for Christmas with her....
Pretty much anything that included her...
We had a wonderful break...
Craig was off all week and actually relaxed!
Lots of family time!
Lots of honey do's checked off! 
We are ready for the holidays..yay! 
 Favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner
Sweet Potato Pie!!
My sister Beth would always make this for me for my Birthday and Thanksgiving.
It's been four years since I've had one.
Living across the US now, it was time to make my own! 
I finally ask for the recipe and gave it a whirl!
Everyone loved it especially Katelyn! 

Katelyn's dorm room all decked out for the holidays! 
She has less than two weeks left of her first semester and home for Christmas break!
Home for six weeks! 

Happy Tuesday! 

Today around the world

15 comments:

Joyce said...

Looks like your Thanksgiving and visit was a golden one. :)) Xo

Tamar SB said...

So glad you had a lovely time! Love the decorations and congrats to her on almost finishing her first semester - that's awesome!

likeschocolate said...

I am so happy that you had such a great weekend with Katelyn. Here is to the countdown when you see her again,

Unknown said...

I knew you would be having fun with your girl! I thought of you two often over the break : )

Joyce said...

Sounds like you had a nice break and of course any time with daughters is good. Her dorm room looks festive!

tinajo said...

Aww, that dog is seriously cute! :-)

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great holiday. And lovin the college dorm decorations, very cool.

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Isn't it amazing how fast the first semester flies by? I'm glad you had a great weekend with your daughter :-)

Liz Mays said...

Whoa! SIX weeks off? That is amazing and you're going to have the best time together! Her dorm room looks cute!

Marilyn *Pink Martinis and Pearls* said...

So happy you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Isn't that first holiday return home something special? I know you'll enjoy her winter break even more, then spring break will pop up then before you know it, summer! Nothing like that first holiday back home though. :)

Tami said...

Katelyn's dorm room is decorated very lovely for Christmas. I knew you'd have a blast with her home. Just think, Christmas break will be here before you know it!

Ina in Alaska said...

Love the sweet potato pie & Katelyn's dorm room. She & her roommate have the holiday spirit!

Sounds like all went great for Thanksgiving break. Now onward to Christmas!!! xoxo

Leslie said...

Fantastic thanksgiving weekend!!!! Such a cute picture of your babies.
Look at that dorm room All decorated.... so cute! Btw- I love the pattern on your furniture.

Sonya said...

Aawww..I'm so glad you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving..family time really is the best gift :)

Claudya Martinez said...

I love Katelyn's dorm room all decked out.