Tuesday, November 25, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

I found this poem by Joanna Fuchs and I think she was reading my mind! I have many things to be thankful for, but these last four months have made me realize how truly thankful I'm for my family and friends. Happy Thanksgiving! May everyone enjoy and be safe.
I’m Thankful for You
Thanksgiving is the appointed time for focusing on the good in our lives.
In each of our days,we can find small blessings,but too often we overlook them,choosing instead to spend our time paying attention to problems. We give our energy to those who cause us trouble instead of those who bring peace. Starting now, let’s be on the lookout for the bits of pleasure in each hour,and appreciate the people who bring love and light to everyone who is blessed to know them. You are one of those people. On Thanksgiving, I’m thankful for you. Happy Thanksgiving!
By Joanna Fuchs

3 comments:

Ina in Alaska said...

Lovely!

Tami said...

What a beautiful poem. It is so true! So how is your family celebrating Thanksgiving? Can you get a turkey, cranberry sauce, etc...?

Formerly known as Frau said...

We are heading to London for Thanksgiving..doubtful we will have turkey! Making my mom do a repeat on Christmas. I have not found a turkey here lots of frozen Ducks!