Monday, November 24, 2008

Making my list, checking it twice!

When I land in Utah for our Christmas visit after a quick Hello to family, I have the urge to go quickly to one of my favorite shopping meccas TARGET . Is that bad to miss Target so much and Costco like they are friends.....? I want to believe its because I have been living four months in a place that I call a shopping desert! I've been gathering my list of "can' t live without" and as I add to it I also delete a few things, some I have found comparisons to here but its not always the same. Everything here is either alittle "off" or priced so ridiculous I will either do without or smuggle in my suitcase at Christmas. Am I crazy to want these items? You tell me, does this list seem crazy or could you live without?

  1. Pam Cooking Spray
  2. Splenda
  3. Karo Syrup
  4. Chocolate Chip Morsals
  5. Crisco Squares
  6. Coffee mate Creamer
  7. Lipton Onion Soup mix (not the same here!)
  8. Microwave Healthy Pop Popcorn
  9. Ibprofren
  10. Cake mix (sorry I don't know how to make from scatch!)
  11. Frosting
  12. Good shampoo/conditioner ( its like dish soap here plus its in tiny bottles)
  13. altoids (cant find them )
  14. Bath and Body Works products ( for my daughter she loves them)
  15. make up ( not the I wear alot but everybody has there favorite brand- seriously Cover Girl is not in Germany)
  16. Crystal Lite

Well this is my list so far plus books and DVD's they are hard to find in English and If you buy a DVD here you can not play on US region DVD players/Computers. Well I have less then thirty days to adjust and add to my list ....! Hope theres room in my suitcase!

5 comments:

preppyplayer said...

Marc would not approve of your list-too many chemicals. But, I would explain to him that you ARE chemical dependent and need these to live.
As for Target and costco being your long lost friends, that is how I would feel about Trader Joes and Lord and Taylors. I get it.

Ina in Alaska said...

Now is an exciting time for you to go out and search for the newest and greatest at your local Bremen emporiums.... Change is good! You can withdraw from those chemicals now. Baking a cake from scratch is very easy!!!

Hair products would be a big problem for me.... I will ask Sherry, my fabulous hairdresser, where her German ex-boyfriend does hair....... I will let you know. Maybe he has a salon near you. To be continued......

Tami said...

Kathy, I use a lot of the things on your list too. Everyone gets hooked on something they just love and nothing else seems to compare. I think I'd try smuggling too! If you are dying for something, let me know and I'll be glad to mail it to you!!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Thanks Tami that is sweet but I will be home in less then 25 days! I think I will make it. Can you imagine life without chocolate chip morsals NO CHOCOLATE CHIP cookies in Germany!

Tami said...

No Chocolate Chips! But isn't german chocolate sooo good! You would think they would have it in their cookies!