Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sunday in My City- Happy Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day to all!
This is my Mom, I love her with all my heart. She is from a large Irish family one of eight children. She reminds me a lot of my grandma. My Mom has five daughters she is strong yet quiet. She has alway been a wonderful Mom and grandmother. It couldn't have been easy being a Mom of five girls...good thing I was so good and easy I'm sure that helped! (hee,hee) We moved a lot, I never realize until this move for me, how hard that had to be on my own Mom all those years ago. I have a new found understanding for what she must have gone through with all those many moves as I was growing up. She always tried to make our lives easy and took care of everything. I know this has helped me during these last two years. She is so generous and unselfish has always put others first and never complains. Some times I think my Mom is a bit of a mystery and other times she is predictable. A long time ago when Katelyn was very little she said, "when I'm a grandma will I have freckles like MumMum"! I love that. 

Happy Mother's Day Mom we love you! 






Go Wish Unknown Mami a Happy Mother's Day

29 comments:

Liz Mays said...

So sweet!!! Happy Mother's Day!

kks said...

What a great pic!
Happy Mom's day to you!
xoxo

mimbles said...

Lovely post, your mom sounds very special :-) Happy Mother's Day!

Debra said...

Your Mom just looks like a wonderful woman and for some reason I think she must have been a great cook! Happy Mother's Day to your Mom and to YOU!

Leslie said...

very pretty post. Happy Mother's day.

May said...

A fitting post to your Mom!!! Happy Mother's Day to you and your Mom!!!

jenbusymom said...

That's so sweet, hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Sheryl said...

I agree, what a great picture. We really never understand our mothers until we become one ourselves.

I thank God for that honor everyday-ok, almost everyday :)

Raymonde said...

Great post thank you for sharing!

Happy Mothers Day! xxx

Kwana said...

Happy Mother's day to you! Enjoy.

Melissa said...

Happy Mother's Day Frau!

Ina in Alaska said...

I see where you girls get your style!! Happy Mother's Day to your Mom, you and the Preppy!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

lovely post. your mom must be very special. happy mother's day
http://airiaartphotography.blogspot.com/

BLOGitse said...

Happy Mother's Day!

SIMC greetings from Casa, Morocco!

BLOGitsePHOTOS

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day to you to! Fantastic Pic!

Kristina P. said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Sonya said...

Such a great photo and post! Happy mother's Day!

Lee Ann said...

Your mum sounds so special xx happy mother's day to you both xx

Purple Flowers said...

What a beautiful way to describe your Mom - so special!
Happy Mother's day to your Mom and to you too!!

Ronda said...

Great picture! Happy Mother's Day to you!!!!
XOXO

Joanna Jenkins said...

Happy Mother's Day to you and your Mom!
Cheers,
jj

Mrs4444 said...

Very nice tribute. I'm happy for you both :)

bernthis said...

Your mom sounds amazing. I have one kid and it's hard. Very hard even at times. I can't imagine 5. Happy Mom's Day to you too

###### said...

happy mothers day!

Matty said...

God bless your mom and mothers everywhere. She looks like a true gem.

Erin said...

What a great post! Happy Mother's day!!

Killara girl said...

what a lovely tribute to your Mom...I couldn't imagine all that moving either, and I surely wouldn't be as gracious. I hope you had a wonderful day!

Claudya Martinez said...

You got me all choked up. I hope both you and MumMum had a great Mother's Day!

Nishant said...

What a great pic!
post free classified ads