Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sundays In My City

One thing I love about my city Bremen, Germany is there is always something going on. We went to the city yesterday, to run some errands and go to flea market along the river again. I won't bore you with my buys...but I did pretty good! Every corner of my city had something happening. By the water were booths and booths of food, drink and arts for sale. Lot's of music and entertainment and tons of people. 

Had to get a picture of the Aussie German.


These guys drew quite a crowd.


Lots of boats, ready for dinner cruising.


Got Schwein !


Beautiful flower store fronts


World Cup starts very soon and Germany loves their soccer. Yesterday in the city center they had a whole Africa theme going on, kicking it off. Mini soccer area were set up and games were being played. This soccer ball flew out of gated area and was stuck to one of the oldest and most important buildings. The crowd roared with excitement....so I found that picture worthy.

That's my Sunday!
UnknownMami is host for today she always has something going on in her great city too.

25 comments:

Lost in Translation said...

I like seeing what you find at the flea market :)

I loved Bremen, but only got to see it for one day. I hope to come back for another visit.

kks said...

great pics of your soon to be ex-city! looks like you are soaking up every minute of the culture and all the happenings!
xoxo

Vicki said...

I'd love to visit Bremen. It looks like a great city.

Diminishing Lucy said...

Those flower boxes are so cheering......

lytha said...

hey i know that boat: )

glad you're still enjoying yourself there: )

~lytha

Ina in Alaska said...

Beautiful day with the fam!! Love the pictures, I would have enjoyed some of that food!!

You have me laughing hysterically over the threading adventure (I have had it done, but it did not hurt)

And the story about the baby ambush tram makeover... WHAT???? and nobody said a word?? Can you imagine the smackdown between the parents and that other mother if that occurred on this side of the pond???? xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

The window boxes are stunning! They make me wanna go out and buy tons of flowers and start planting!

Deidra said...

Hey...was this your last Sunday in Germany? What will you miss the most?

Killara girl said...

lol a kangaroo in lederhosen...now i've seen it all! they must think we drink beer or something ;)

Killara girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BLOGitse said...

I miss street art...clean, good pavements to walk...
but we had a sunny day, that's something!

Sunny SIMC greetings from Casablanca, Morocco!

BLOGitsePHOTOS

Sonya said...

Beautiful photos!!! It's going to be so much fun when u start taking pics of your new city:)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful Sunday! I especially love the flower boxes on the homes. SO pretty! You live in a very pretty place Frau!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

How beautiful! And how much fun! Loved the suckling pig on a stick! You won't see that here! Enjoy what time you have left!...Debbie

Claudya Martinez said...

I'm going to be a little sad when you move because you've made me fall in love with Bremen.

Adoption of Jane said...

I wish I were there!!! Great Pics!

Liz Mays said...

I would love to choose from so many activities. Wonderful!

Coby said...

Can I come visit you??? I love the picture of the boat and the flowers on the storefront. Just lovely.

Lori said...

Love the pics!Your city is so beautiful! I definitely want to go on one of the boats!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Take in as much of the city as you can while you're still there-- It's been a treat seeing so much of it through SIMC!

Happy weekend,
jj

Leslie said...

It is beautiful there. Great pictures.

Traci said...

How cool! I love all the wonderful places you show us every week.

I will miss the German pics!
:-)

May said...

The flower boxes are what I like the best about Germany!!!! Beautiful colours peeping from windows!!!!

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Gorgeous pictures as always! I love the aussie/german! And of course, the soccer ball!

Mrs4444 said...

These pics are terrific. I especially love the buildings. I can see why you'll miss some of this :)