Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. Who taught you how to cook?


In middle school we took home economics and after that, I remember taking a turn cooking for a while....but never really took to cooking until I was married. My hubby lived on his own and was a pretty good cook. I have gotten better over the last 24 years and as long as I have a recipe I'm pretty good to go! 

2. Have you been told you think too much? Are too much of a perfectionist? Are too sensitive? Were they right?

Not that I think too much, but I have been told that I read into something too much! Not a perfectionist I like things done right ....too sensitive depends...I'll leave it at that. 

3. As a child did you have a favorite blanket or toy? Tell about it.


I was a thumb sucker so I'm sure there was a blanket involved but I have no memory of it. 

4. What 'institution' do you have the most faith in?

The institution of marriage ...Kim Kardashians shame of a marriage makes me sick! 

5. Chrysanthemums-pansies-burning bush-ornamental cabbage...your favorite in an autumn garden?

Chrysanthemums for sure....

6. What superpower do the kids in your neighborhood seem to posses?

Cuteness! We have a neighborhood full of really cute kids...on boy last night while at my door trick or treating said I just have to say two things....I love your pumpkins and I love your dog! 
Another little told my her grandpa has the same slippers as me! Too cute! 

7. Are you a fan of the cranberry?

sure with vodka! oh did you mean the cranberry has in actual not juice....no! 

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Today my baby is at her first interview for her program at one of the seven Universities she is applying to.  I'm sending her positive thoughts and prayers of good luck...She is nervous...she is 17 years old...I'd be nervous too and I'm 40 plus 6!


Have a wonderful day....stop by Joyce's Hodgepodge at From this side of the pond

24 comments:

Joyce said...

Good luck to yoru daughter! I am liking the way you calculate your age : )

I wish the media would stop talking about the Kardashians. I am sooo over them. I just don't get why they are famous. For being famous?

Jocelyn said...

I can understand the nervousness -- good luck to her (And to you!!)

likeschocolate said...

I was also a thumb sucker with a blanket in tow. I also learned how to cook in home economics. Those were the days. I hated the sewing portion, but I should have paid more attention.

likeschocolate said...

I was also a thumb sucker with a blanket in tow. I also learned how to cook in home economics. Those were the days. I hated the sewing portion, but I should have paid more attention.

CM said...

Good luck to your daughter, how exciting!!!

Ina in Alaska said...

HA!!! Like your age! I am 50+9!

Good luck to Katelyn!

I LOVED my middle school home ec class led by Mrs. Plumb. She taught us the basics of recipes, etc. I LOVED IT! To this day I can still picture her in my mind. Sewing? NOT for me. But my mom is an expert seamstress and knitter as you know. She is in Aruba now actually.

My other favorite teacher was Mrs. Kissel, my high school typing teacher. I have always enjoyed typing and business.

Kim Kardashian. What a joke. Contrast her with the lovely ceremony of Gene Simmons to his longtime love, Shannon Tweed. I just love Gene Simmons Family Jewels.

xoxo

Unknown said...

I was a finger sucker and yes, I still have both the blanket and teddy bear that made up my 'comforts'.

Now comfort comes in the form of a bottle with a cork ;)

lisaroy said...

good luck to your sweet girl - she'll do great!
Yup, I over think things, I'm too sensitive, love vodka and cranberry, treasure marriage, still learning to cook and had a blankie that I carried everywhere. Last time I was at my parents' place, I looked through one of my old drawers and saw that my mom still has it, all tattered and torn.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love your header. I totally forgot about home economics. Great answer for #4. Great answer for #7 too! Wishing your daughter perfect interviews.

ellieshine said...

love your blog header!! Tia is a thumb sucker with a blankie - she debates taking it to kindergarten every day lol.

i've been eating whoppers non-stop so maybe i should send the snickers to you?! don't send me more whoppers!

xo ellie

Expats Again said...

Best wishes to Katelyn in her search. Oh, and if I were trick-or-treating at your house, I would only ask for Sophie, :-)

Joyce said...

Love these Wed posts! I hope the university interview went well. xo

Tami said...

I love these kind of posts. It's a great way to get to know someone.
ps. I was a thumb sucker dragging my blankie where ever I went.

Tami said...

I love these kind of posts. It's a great way to get to know someone.
ps. I was a thumb sucker dragging my blankie where ever I went.

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

All the best, Frau!
p.s Kim Kardashian, what's up with that??!

Kwana said...

Best of luck to your girl today. I'm sure she will wow them.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Sending positive energy to Katelyn at her college interview. That's big and I'm sure she's do terrific.

I learned to cook (and sew) in Home Ec classes in Jr. and Sr. high school-- It's some of the best stuff I learned in school, along with typing that I've put to good use over the years ;-)

Your header photos are gorgeous! xo jj

AiringMyLaundry said...

Mmm, I love cranberry juice.

Not that stuff in a can though. Blech.

Bill Lisleman said...

send some extra good luck on the interview if this shows up in time.
Does pouring cranberry juice in a glass or putting cranberries on my cereal count for cooking? Yeah I didn't think so - God invented the microwave for me.

Amy DM said...

Cranberry & Vodka! YUM!

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Loved getting to know you a little better. The new header is fantastic. Great post!

Maggie May said...

Good Luck to your daughter.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Unspoken said...

Good luck to your girl :)! Chrysanthemums, me too!

Liz Mays said...

She's applying to 7 universities? Oh, I hope she does really well! I know what you mean about Kim K!