Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. Do you send Christmas cards? If so about how many will you send this year? How do you display the cards you receive? Or don't you? (gasp!)

Yes I do send out Christmas cards, about 50-75. We usually do a family picture, but I am totally behind this year.....! I always display my cards usually tape them to a door. I received my first one yesterday! Yikes I better get on it. 

2. When do kids become adults?

When they get married...or graduate from college or live on their own or all of above!

3. Does your 'beauty regimen' change with the seasons?

No not really...I perhaps use more lotion during the winter. 

4. What's something you like to eat that might cause another person to turn up their nose?

Apparently a lot of people do not share the love of PEEPs! WHAT !! 
I know weird!!

5. Gloves or mittens?

Gloves

6. What's the longest queue you've ever been in? Was it worth it? Queue=line but doesn't queue sound nicer?

Recently on Black Friday at Lord & Taylor's shoe department it was a freaking nightmare. One hour to get the shoes and a half an hour to pay for said shoes! 

7. Besides Christmas, what is one thing you are looking forward to in the month of December?

Right now just Christmas.....but things could change, you never know! 

8. Insert your own random thought here.

We have been decorating for Christmas...it's been a battle! Why you ask! Well I would like to minimize and the family wants every inch of this house covered!!
So this Christmas I feel like it's a very gaudy West Christmas! 

Happy Wednesday all! Stop by Joyce's at From this side of the Pond and play along! 

15 comments:

Leslie said...

Great Hodgepodge. I need to get a good shot of my girls to put in christmas cards this year. I am a little behind also.
Peeps are greaat!
#7.. Since my big 40 is on the 16th of december.. I can't decide if I am excited about it or not. I just want to get it over with. lol.

* I had the barbie townhouse with the elevator also. I loved that thing.. I would rearrange barbie furniture for hours.

Have a great wednesday

lisaroy said...

wow! that's a lot of Christmas cards! I've really scaled down on mailing cards - especially being overseas - international stamps are so expensive! Thank goodness for Facebook and egreetings!

Happy Wednesday! :)

pve design said...

I have my cards ready to write and a friend opens her home and we gather with our lists, our cards or things to wrap. It is a great way to visit and enjoy the holidays. We all feel like elves!
pve

Tami said...

PEEPS PEEPS PEEPS!!! LOVE THE PEEPS!

Tracy said...

I didn't know they made peeps year round. Guess there are just some things too good to only have once a year.

Marilyn *Pink Martinis and Pearls* said...

Christmas cards? What are those? I've gotten wedding invitations emailed to me. Things are definitely changing. Enjoy your decorations - I'm sure they are lovely! :)

Bobbi said...

Ugh, I'm so behind. I haven't even started decorating and haven't bought any Christmas cards and you already have your December header up!
Love it by the way!

Ina in Alaska said...

I don't send out Christmas cards anymore. Nor do I buy gifts, I just donate or do a good work. Like tomorrow when we get Dale the stray cat spayed or neutered. He or she is just adorable! Somebody definitely tossed this darling little cat out into the street. People are so cruel.

Dale will hopefully find a good forever home. xoxo

Cathy said...

Seems like the common answer is more lotion for most everyone.

Joyce said...

We took a picture this summer when we were all together. I finally ordered cards on last weekend! I am excited to see how they turned out...its a summery picture but, thank you pinterest, I had painted some wooden letters spelling JOY in a Christmas green and they're in the photo too. It works!

Joanna Jenkins said...

I say, If the shoes are on sale, the line is never too long :-)

xo jj

likeschocolate said...

Got all 100 of my cards in the mail today. So glad.

Unknown said...

I feel guilty saying this, but we don't send cards anymore. Gasp!!
Maybe I'll change that this year, a nice hand written Christmas wish is nice. Have a great Holiday.

TARYTERRE said...

When postage rates went up we started sending cards online, instead. Everybody seems happy with that. I LOVE Peeps! Never had them for Christmas, though. Enjoy your decorating. You can never have too much Christmas. Take care.

Amiee said...

I did not even realize that they made Christmas tree peeps! I thought they were just for Easter. And no, I am NOT a fan of them :P