Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. What song reminds you of a specific time in your life and what is it about that song that makes you remember?

Prince's Purple Rain reminds me of the my high school graduation and freshman year in college. 
My friends and I listen to this song non stop...coin after coin in the jukebox yes I said juke box!! 
I think that was the first significant part of my life that I thought of first because of Katelyn, being in the thick of all this right now. 

2. What's something you've given up on?

Losing weight....I've tried and I'm throwing up my hands. Too many temptations with the holidays...I'll re visit in January. 

3. What's something you'll never give up on?

Being healthy...I know contradiction from answer above....no not really. I'm still working out and trying to make healthy choices, just not dieting and obsessing about it. 

4. If you had to cook something from scratch in the next hour what would it be?

Something along the lines of  baked goods or a crock pot meal. 

5. Have you started Christmas shopping? Decorating? Listening to Christmas music?

I have bought a few little gifts for Katelyn. Decorated outside of house to beat the bad weather  and yes guilty of listening to music, my car is loaded with Christmas Cd's and I may have bought Justin Bieber Mistletoe....

6. What do you know about your parent's wedding?

That my dad ate too many rolls at the reception, and that it was a beautiful day and they were surrounded by  family and friends....and really young looking...53years ago!



7. I can't believe I __________________.


actually had a good night sleep .....it's been so long! Feeling good and really rested! 

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Getting my hair done today....it so needs it. WHY do I do this every time...push it to the limit of should I stay gray or dye again. Why do men look sexy with gray hair and women look OLD with gray hair!! It's so unfair! 


Happy Wednesday
Stop by and say hi to Joyce 
@


17 comments:

Joyce said...

I get putting up the outdoor lights in order to beat the cold. Hoping hubs does ours this weekend after his 19 hour flight home-hmmm.

Justin Bieber Misteltoe? Oh dear.

Congrats to your parents-53 years is a real accomplishment.

Joyce said...

I too have been listening to Christmas music in the car. I think of the same thing every 5 weeks when is the time to let the grey win. Maybe if I add up how much I spend in a year would help. :) xo

Tracy said...

That reminds me that my box of hair color has been sitting out for a week for me to do mine.

likeschocolate said...

I so hear you on the weight lose. I had to sneak to see the Purple Rain movie. My mom didn't want me to see it.

Tami said...

Can't believe my 14 year old SON likes Misteltoe!!!!

Love the wedding picture!

tracie c. said...

Nice hodgepodge :)

Okay LOVE me some Purple Rain and yes I listened to it and was singing all the way from my toes.

Still making healthy choices and working out is way healthier than being all 'perfect' and obsessing over it any day! So in no way are you giving up... I'm going to say your being felxible and gentle on yourself way HEALTHY!

Hair... so totally unfair isn't it. I hit the bottle today. I'm not giving in to the silver yet.

Happy Wednesday.
XOX Tracie

Liz Mays said...

Boy, do I ever hear you about the holiday food temptations! Your parents' wedding photo is so beautiful.

Bobbi said...

I love that picture of your mom and dad!

I've been listening to Christmas music too, I need to get the new Michael Buble` CD. So is the Justin Bieber CD any good?

lisaroy said...

Purple rain was the movie my guy and I went to see on our first real date so it holds a special spot in my heart too.
Don't you just love wedding pics of our parents - so young!
And I'm throwing up my hands on obsessing over eating right now too . Xo

Cathee said...

Oh my gosh, yes Purple rain. Over and over again.

Ina in Alaska said...

That is a great album! I love many of the songs on it.

I have a new program regarding eating: I weigh myself every Monday morning. I find that to be very effective and makes me "slow down" on overeating in the evenings and as Monday approaches!

Try it!

Stacy said...

I dyed my hair last night and the guys at work were the ones who noticed...tells me just how gray I'd let it get. :( Wouldn't it be nice if our gray temples looked distinguished too?

Cathy said...

Justin Bieber has a Christmas CD? I may have to check that out.

TARYTERRE said...

This was fun reading. I once got a raspberry beret, as a gift because Prince was singing about it. My daughters LOVED him. I'm into Christmas music, myself right now. Put up my lights tonight. I wear my old age proudly, letting the gray stay. I'm with you, count calories in January when temptation is gone. But what about those chocolates for Valentine's Day. LOL Take care.

Unknown said...

I like Prince so Purple Rain is one song that I still listen to.

I enjoy Christmas music but I hate hearing the same ones over and over again. I like a variety of different styles.

Hope your haircut turns out really cute.

Good for you for getting some shopping done.

Lisa said...

Any 80s song would do it to me, transports me to that time and place. Your parents look so perfect on their wedding. Eating healthy and making conscious choices is the way to do it. It is all about healthy lifestyle.

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

So true about the gray hair thing. My mom can no longer get out and the thing that bothers her the most is that she can't go get her hair done! Have a great weekend...