Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday Fragments!

Happy Friday! 

Day nine without my washing machine.....I never realize how therapeutic doing laundry is for me or maybe relaxing......I don't know the words to describe it but I've been lost....and the sights of all the clothes building is stressing me out. 
The other day I needed to visit the laundry mat to throw in a load of whites and darks....it was an interesting hour.....I met a nice elderly man there with his bride of 61 years...heard his life story. Listen to her lecture him for folding towels wrong..it was pretty entertaining! 
I also vomited a little in my mouth when a crazy man doing laundry in a long t-shirt exposed his junk while emptying a dryer....I guess his pants were in the dryer instead of on his body....I hope the washer repair guy comes tomorrow! Lesson here when Sears sells you Samsung Washer....know they do not stock extra parts and you should do your laundry before you run out of underwear and pants! Just saying! 


Hubby has been home all week...it's been so nice...getting some "honey do's" done, relaxing, working out together...I took him to my Pilate's class and he loved it and was feeling it days after! It's been so hot out hard to enjoy the great outdoors too much, that has been the only draw back to this week. 

Today is a very special  Birthday....my Jersey girl blogger from Alaska....Ina 

(stole this picture from her blog)

♫♬♪Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday dear Ina...Happy Birthday to you..♪♫♬
Won't you stop by her blog and wish Ina a happy happy day...here


Katelyn posted her count down to college on Instagram yesterday....42 days!! All the dorm stuff is showing up in stores. We need to order her bedding and start making and checking off list....it's exciting ! I like the shopping and decorating part of this adventure but not the reality of it....41 days now! :(


Happy Friday all.....have a wonderful weekend! I hope it cools down and power is restored to those affected by the storms and in the Utah and Colorado the fires finally are contained.....

Please stop by Mrs. 4444's and see her new puppy Milo I'm sure he will be apart of FF ! 

11 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

Bummer on the washing machine:( I like doing laundry, just not putting away. How exciting for your daughter too! Enjoy your hubby.

Raindrops and Daisies said...

Happy Birthday to Ina.

Good luck to your daughter
time will fly by!

Great that you had some nice time
with your hubby.

Stay cool.

Have a great weekend


Fiona

Cheryl said...

Ahh! I hope your washing machine is working again soon so that you don't have to do laundry with clothing-optional people! :) Have a great weekend.

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Our dryer seems like it's about to go, but it's much easier to live without a dryer (95% easier at least) than a washer.

Eek!

Claudya Martinez said...

I think I would be buried in laundry if my washing machine was down for that long.

Kwana said...

I hope you get your washer soon. I kinda like our local laundry but there are no exposures there. Wow on the countdown. So exciting! Off to see Ina now!

TARYTERRE said...

The washer being out of service is a downer for sure. But like you discovered hanging out in the laundrymat can be quite entertaining.

Keetha Broyles said...

Washing machines and other appliances are soooo wonderful. I LOVE it when I push one button and I'm washing dishes, push another and I'm washing clothes, push one more and I'm drying clothez - all at thd same time!!

Unspoken said...

I hear you. I live in tiny pat. No laundry machines! I never thought Id live like this/ MISS the washer and dryer!!!!! Launramat is always unpredictable!

lisaroy said...

Sounds like an entertaining day of laundry! Look at what you've been missing all along! Nice that hubby has been home so you've been able to enjoy some time together. Crazy about the heat - it's been 111F here with a humidex making it feel like 125F. Only 3 or 4 more months of this! have a great weekend! :)

Marilyn *Pink Martinis and Pearls* said...

I love the countdown via Instagram. Clever. Anything new on your plate once the countdown is over?

I've been trying to leave a comment and the box and just goes blank after I hit publish. Cross your fingers! Does this ever happen to you?