Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Dog walking in Deutschland

Dog walking in Deutschland is so very amusing and interesting. A lot of people, not everyone, but many walk there dogs while riding their bicycle. I'm convinced all German dogs are trained to do this and the only people actually walking dogs on leashes either do not have a bicycle or can no longer ride a bicycle! Or are non Germans like myself. Every time I see this I just laugh....Sophie would never, we've tried! She would get a sniff of something and I'd go flying off the handle bars! It would not be a pretty picture...but when Sophie got back from the "farm" while we were in Utah for Christmas I could tell this was indeed how she had been walked. How did I come to this conclusion? Well every time I would take her for a walk after our return she would want to run not walk. Okay I may have mention before I DON'T run! My husband the love of my life is thinking well lets do it "when in Rome do as Romans" right! He took her for a spin and she did fair not okay but fair. Maybe with some practice that's how THEY can take a walk but if she's with me will walk to old fashion way with leash in hand!

Sophie and Craig practicing on the country road!

4 comments:

Tami said...

If I tried to ride a bike with my dogs - I would end up flying off the bike and landing on the road! The dogs would merrily keep troting along like nothing was wrong! I can picture it now!!!

Leciawp said...

That is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time!!

preppyplayer said...

Germany is forcing you to try so many things, how cool. How's the German going? or is it yet?

Joyce said...

Too funny!