Sunday, January 18, 2009

Martha Stewart Style in Deutschland



While you were all sleeping in the lovely USA I was trying my hand at some baking. I'm a collector of cookbooks, mostly for the pictures and an occasional try here and there. One of my pretty books is Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook , I have had it for some time and never cracked it open.

I have had a craving for blueberry muffins for awhile and thought I'd try my hand in making Martha Stewart style!




German Blueberries with a touch of flour



Ready for the oven, three plain ones are for Katelyn (she does'nt like blueberries)


Finshed product


Hubby giving it a taste......yum!

6 comments:

Ina in Alaska said...

I love Martha Stewart style! First, you would have to grow your own blueberries and pick them at the OPTIMUM TIME...perhaps 2 am, when the stars are aligned..... all kidding aside, those blueberry muffins look positively FABULOUS and mouth watering!! Am enjoying my coffee with your pictures.... xo (am back home) (on hubby's laptop)(mine is still AWOL)

Formerly known as Frau said...

Ina you are absolutely right Martha would have grown them herself and definately not cook in her PJ's like I did with bed head and all!

preppyplayer said...

They do look good, how long did they last? In my house they would last an hour!
We are going ice skating in the city today.
Martin luther King's birthday is toady, in case you have forgotten. Now that you are German and all.

Tami said...

I Love to Cook! How did they turn out? Do you have a hard time finding USA ingredients vs. German?

Formerly known as Frau said...

Some ingredents are hard to find but I'm getting better at finding the right stores with more selection. The problem is everything comes in small quantities, like baby food size jars. They turned out good my oven sucks though it is really tiny Ikea oven that burns more than it cooks.

Joyce said...

The muffins do look mmm... good!
OK I just visited your daughter's blog with the homemade pizza and now another of my favorites!
Enjoy...